Tuesday Morning Central Park Group Run/Walk
March 2 @ 6:00 am - 7:00 am
Worried that you are too slow? Coming back from an illness or injury? Love to hang at the back of the pack? Want to try the amazing run-walk technique to manage your fatigue and mental blocks
Come join us to run-walk with the joy of knowing that your body is strong and powerful and
that you are a badass runner no matter how long it takes you to get from point A to point B.
When: Tuesday mornings at 6am starting Tuesday Sept 8- we will start running promptly at 6:10.
Where: meet at 72nd/CP WEST entrance to park
Why: Joy, confidence, friendship, fun, social distanced socializing.
If you need a slower 15min pace? I’ll be there- slower of faster , we will make sure you are not left alone unless you want to be!
The plan: 30-30 run-walk intervals for two lower loops in CP…you can do less or add more. Average pace will depend on the people but 12-13:30 is a ballpark— though 14-15-16-17-18 min miles or more are welcome, of course. We will always have someone at the back of the pack to support our slowest pace.
Of course unlike “before” we won’t be running in a tight group like we used to—or chat as much- so bring an interval timer- and your face coverings.
Please note the following precautions:
- Runs will be strictly limited to a max of 10 people ;
- Participants must register in advance and agree to a liability waiver;
- Social distancing guidelines must be followed at all times before, during and after the run;
- A face covering is required any time proper social distancing cannot be maintained;
- If you feel unwell or show any symptoms of COVID-19, stay home;
- If the run has reached capacity and you haven't signed the waiver, we ask that you not show up to run with the group.
Contract the group run leader firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.