In general, the Flyers do not permit advertising for paid goods or services anywhere on the website, in the monthly newsletter, or in any other club-sponsored communications. Exceptions are evaluated on a case-by-case basis. To be considered for inclusion in club-sponsored communications, advertisements must meet all of the following criteria:
- There must be a significant direct benefit to all Flyers (free or discounted products or admission).
- No URL links are permitted unless absolutely necessary. Announcements will be in text-only format, with wording approved and revised at the discretion of the Webmasters or Secretary as appropriate. Inclusion of graphics is also at the discretion of the Webmasters or Secretary.
- An Active member of the Flyers must be willing to be the designated contact person for Flyer inquiries.
- In the case of the website or other electronic communications, the Webmasters' collective decision on the inclusion, content, or structure of the advertisement is final. For the monthly newsletter, the Secretary's decision on the inclusion, content, or structure of the advertisement is final.
- The maximum amount of time an advertisement will run on the Website or in any other communications will be two weeks.
- Requests for advertising that meet the above restrictions must requested through and be approved by the Flyer Executive Board.
Solicitations for direct charitable contributions are subject to the following restrictions:
- The immediate beneficiary must be a Flyer, or a member of a Flyer's immediate family, suffering catastrophic illness or injury. This restriction covers all types of charitable requests, including financial assistance, organ donation, or any other type of giving.
- No solicitations for other direct charitable contributions, including donations to Fred's Team or other foundations, are permitted in any club-sponsored communications.
- No political or religious advocacy or solicitations of any kind are permitted.
- Flyer executives are not allowed to accept gifts in the form of good or services from any vendor who might wish to use the New York Flyers as a medium for advertising.