Hello! A big thanks to last year's Executive Board and especially James Porter for getting our new site up and running. As with any new website, we are still fine-tuning some things and looking for volunteers ASAP who would like to contribute to the website with writing, editing, etc. It can be just an hour a week or as much as you like. Give back while adding to your resume!
We have an immediate need for Flyers experienced with the ins and outs of the WordPress platform. If interested, please reach out to Diana Strauss or contact the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FLYERS EVENTS EDITOR
- Write and edit copy for our Weekly Runs, Group Runs, and other special Events.
WRITER / CONTENT PROVIDER
- Write copy for existing pages to round out or improve what's already there.
- Create new content.
WORDPRESS SEO EDITOR
- Write a range of material ranging from SEO search engine snippets to full length pages.
- Contribute as much as you want–volunteering a few hours or more. Our immediate need is for concise search engine snippets and minor editing.
- Review and edit copy from content providers.
- Consult, brainstorm, and strategize with stakeholders.
WORDPRESS SENIOR DESIGNER
- Make tweaks to existing pages, add photos, and build out our site with new pages and features. We are not here to redesign the site, or re-invent the wheel, but to build upon our new design developed by Cornershop.
- Contribute around 5+ hours a week initially and then fewer as the site gets up to speed.
- Consult on best practices and ways to improve user experience.
- Utilize your expertise to implement and improve the awesome features of our WordPress plugins.
- Consult on design issues and solutions with stakeholders.
- Edit member race results for data tables.
- Work closely with Diana and other volunteers to create additional code for WordPress child theme.
- Collaborate with designers to improve functionality, readability, and enhance the user experience with the existing theme and plug-in features.
- Troubleshoot website issues.
- Consult on web hosting services, site performance, and other issues.
- Gather and interpret stats from Google Analytics.
- Compile easy-to-understand reports for board members and stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Analyze and propose website enhancements to increase engagement and conversions.
And a big thanks to our current Flyers, working hard to improve our site: Diana Strauss, Glenn Marks, Lee Ruelle, Ray Sales, Deb Saat, Melissa Labozzetta, John McCreesh and Richard Brounstein. And a very big thanks to Richard for his years of Super Hero work on our legacy site!
To volunteer, please reach out to Diana Strauss, Ray Sales, or contact the board at email@example.com. Looking forward to working with you!