New York Flyers long runs and events are open to members and non-members alike–all are welcome! Flyers need to SIGN IN to access the free or special rates. (And if you haven't already joined the Flyers, please note that membership costs just a little bit more than a single long run. So why not join? To learn more, please visit our Join Us page.)
- LONG RUNS The New York Flyers offers special long group runs that take place around the New York City area throughout the year–these include the Palisades Run, Three Bridges Run, Last Ten Miles Run, and others. Runners frequently use them to train for bigger races–such as the NYRR’s NYC Marathon and the Brooklyn Half–or just for fun. These long runs follow specific routes in the greater New York City area and wind through Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens, and Palisades Park. Usually 10-20 miles in length. They can be run in entirety or for fewer miles, and typically last for several hours. There are various designated running paces. Flyers fluid/aid stations and public restrooms available. All are welcome. Fee for non-members to help defray event expenses. Free or special rate for members. Register in advance. Volunteer opportunities available.
- SPECIAL EVENTS Additionally, the New York Flyers hosts exciting social events like the Annual Gala, Flyers NYC Marathon Pasta Dinner, Debs’ Book Club, and more. Register in advance. Volunteer opportunities available.
- TRAINING PROGRAMS The New York Flyers offers members two different training programs throughout the year–SpeedPass and Marathon Training Program (MTP), in partnership with head coach and fellow Flyer, Brian Rosetti and the RunSMART Project. Details and enrollment information are available on the Training page.
Train, make friends, stay in shape, and have fun! Various paces. Open to all runners. If you're still looking for a running club or group to join, try us out. It's a great way to meet Flyers and learn more. And it's free!
- WEEKLY RUNS The New York Flyers organizes regular weekly group runs that take place in Central Park and Prospect Park. Every week, they take place on the same day, in the same place, and often have many of the same runners. Runs last for about an hour and have various running paces depending on the participants. All are welcome–open to Flyers running club members and non-members. Free. No registration needed. A big THANK YOU to our volunteer weekly run organizers for making this possible!!
- Coming soon- on Thursday evening, September 23rd- the re-launch of our Thursday 6:30pm Central park Weekly Run. Stay tuned! Thanks Dave Kleckner, Jessica Baez and Casey Smyth!