It was an unseasonably warm Sunday for a race based around cocoa, but the NYCRUNS Cocoa Classic 4-Miler drew a handful of Flyers who channeled their inner snowstorms for the race. Adolfo Ferrando was the first Flyer to cross the finish line and fifth in the men’s 40-49 age group, finishing in 26:58 (6:45 pace). Lisa Konorty finished second for the team and third in the women’s 50-59 age group in 33:04 (8:16 pac), followed by in 33:54 (8:29 pace and fifth in the men’s 60-69 age group). Teresa Palomero and Scott Martin finished in 35:52 (8:58 pace and eleventh in the women’s 40-49 age gorup) and 37:52
With Covid restrictions easing we look forward to seeing you soon. Here's the latest on New York Flyers runs, events, and programs:
- All runs & events adhere to the latest health directives as detailed on the individual event pages.
- We have restarted our weekly group runs on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday morning in Central Park, and Sunday morning in Prospect Park.
- In-person activities including long training runs and social events slowly restarting with safety modifications.
- Our current winter Marathon Training Program (MTP)/SpeedPass session remains virtual. We will announce information about next season shortly.
- See Calendar for all of our upcoming runs and events.
(Hope you are enjoying our new website. Thank you for bearing with us as our volunteers bring it up to speed.)
Special thanks to all our group run leaders, Francine Alfandary, Jon Riecke, Ed Altman, David Gaines, Beth Brennan, Debbie Panek & Diana Strauss - who have been there for the team through through thick and thin during a more than challenging year.
While advance registration is no longer required for weekly runs, all attendees are expected to adhere to the guidelines detailed on each run's page.